Monday, November 3, 2008

Quandry

fanatic, fanatical, overzealous, rabid (marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea) "rabid isolationist" - http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?o2=&o0=1&o7=&o5=&o1=1&o6=&o4=&o3=&s=fanatic&i=1&h=00#c

As you all know, I am a Redskins fan in the truest sense of the word. So, what am I to do when faced by the dilemma America is facing tonight? Basically, when the Redskins win their last home game before the Presidential election, the incumbent party retains control. http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3679597&CMP=OTC-DT9705204233

As far as McCain goes, I probably could have lived with him in office if his politics hadn't changed so much in the last 8 years. However, considering who his number 2 would be, the prospect of McCain in office is terrifying. Sarah Palin scares the crap out of me. Forget about her lack of experience, her "maverick" tendencies, and her lack of support for women's rights for a moment. Just look at her educational policies for a good reason to stay away. In fact, it was McCain's educational policies that turned me off of him in the race this year. Since then, he's done much to convince me that he's not right for office, but when he announced that he would be continuing the "No Child Left Behind" act, that made up my mind.

At any rate, being a Redskins Fanatic, I'll be rooting for them tonight, while "voting" against them in the election. In fact, I'm bringing my full Redskins gameday gear on the road with me - I'm headed out to LA on business (as usual), and will be sporting my gear in full force tonight. In the meantime, the one sure way to gaurantee a Redskin's victory is to vote the Redskin's Ticket for the Pro-Bowl!

Hail to the Skins!

No comments: